Thursday 24 April 2008

Pleasurama Richard Bertie Tom Joe

I should very much like to thank the local papers and bloggers (links on sidebar) for their support in publicising the Pleasurama issue. I should like to make it clear to any other bloggers or media, as I have to them, that any of the information or pictures about this issue on my websites or blog is free for them to use without permission or reference.

What is important to me is that we get a good safe, viable and insurable development there and soon.

The pictures that I took today are of where the developer has laid paving slabs on lose sand next to the concrete sea defence, you can see the damage that the sea has done to the concrete, frankly incompetence of this order is incredible and these people aim to build the whole development.

You may find the following helpful http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/tdc/ and http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/seafront/ and http://www.thanetonline.com/Pleasurama/
Uk planning site http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/thanetonline/thanet_planning_site.htm
You have to search by street or application the No. is F/TH/03/1200 links don’t work as its some daft gov asp.

2 comments:

  1. Obviously something needs to be put on the Pleasurama site, and I'm not totally against the current plans per se, although a swimming pool, indoor beach or aquarium would have been much more attractive and suitable IMO. But I agree that it has to be got right otherwise we'll be left with a white elephant for decades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, I have looked at your link to the planning application of 2003 and I can find no mention whatsoever of a FRA report from the EA. I note from Richrad's link to China Gateway that an EA report is included in the bumpf. Has anyone considered the problem in the past few years other than yourself and the recent response from the EA?

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.