Tuesday 19 July 2011

Ramsgate Carnival 2011 this Sunday


The pictures in this post are of the 1968 carnival taken here in King Street, click on them to enlarge. 
There is a series of linked pages (links at the top of the pages)of last year’s carnival here http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/rc2010/id5.htm the image files were corrupted so I am republishing them, you may have to wait until about 5.30 for decent pictures.

I have asked the council if they will be promoting any of the Thanet Carnival’s on their website this year, I wouldn’t hold your breath for an answer though.

I have one foi request that is so late that it seems with my only recourse to questions from TDC being an foi request I may have to issue a foi request asking when my foi request will be answered.  

Update I received the following reply about the carnival promotion from TDC:

Dear Mr Child,

The Thanet town carnivals are not organised by Thanet District Council but
instead by independent bodies.

Should the organisers wish for their events to be promoted on the TDC website
they can contact the council and this will be considered. They can also sign up
to our community portal and post their events. Once posted, they will appear on
the front page of the council's website under the Events category. We have not
received any contact regarding promotion of these events from any of the
organisers to date.

Kind regards,

*********
Another update, I have managed to find the pictures for the 2008 Ramsgate Carnival, a series of linked pages of picture (links at the top of the pages) at http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/RamsgateCarnival2008/





The Carnival website is http://www.ramsgatecarnival.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.