Thursday 12 June 2014

Secondhand bookshop ramble

My day off today, well at least the day when I am not working in my bookshop, so here are the pictures of the books I bought for stock today.


The whole secondhand bookselling world is still in a bit of a state of turmoil at the moment, prices still falling and most books selling on Amazon or Ebay for a cost including postage that is around the postage price.

In some ways this is good for me as you can’t browse books on an internet site and of course not many people are going to go to the bother of selling their books on the internet, if the can only get around what it costs them to post and pack them in return, in other word nothing.


But with both prices and overall demand still falling I am not sure how long the bookshop future will be.

I am pretty sure that compulsively clicking on the photos will enlarge them to the point where you can read most of them, of course I can’t pile up what I have actually sold in the last week and most of what I buy doesn’t get bought on Thursdays, but I think the odd picture of what I hav ebought on a particular day will interest some people.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.