Thursday, 12 November 2015

The start of a watercolour of the interior of The Peter Cushing in Whitstable and some thoughts on music formats’

Not sure if this watercolour sketch of a watercolour of the interior of The Peter Cushing in Whitstable of The Peter Cushing in Whitstable will pass muster, or if I will start again, the pad is standing upright on my desk at the moment and I am thinking on.


The main issue is that every time I go to my favourite winter lunch spot in Whitstable I will do a bit more of the sketch, layers and layers as JWMT would say, and in this one it’s the art deco light shades that give the problem. Hard to draw and hard to get in the right place.


I think painting interiors is more difficult than townscapes and it’s a good place to paint.   


I’m not really sure when I started acquiring recorded music, some time around 1960 I would guess. At around the age of seven it was the format that the adults where getting rid of that could be acquired, usually for free. 78 rpm records, called wax records, but I think shellac (beetle droppings) perhaps there was a huge beetle farming industry. Being a fairly lazy type I never really changed format, so much as got the new player and continued using the old one too. Frankly I use the whole lot.


78s


vinyl


cds

Press 3 if you want to press 8 and listen to boring advert while trying to get rid of the pop up advert.

file downloads

but generally get on best with something physical that is large enough to find.

Anyway today I bought a gramophone record which I put on the gramophone, which while it is not the latest model, works reasonably well, doesn’t require much in the way of special training to operate and honestly the quality doesn’t seem to be significantly worse than the average across all the formats.  


A bit like photographing something and processing it in the darkroom, photographing something with a digital camera or just painting it I suppose.
Anyone recognise this waterfall in Whitstable?


rest of photos






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.