Sunday 27 August 2017

Some August Thanet photos

Local history is a strange business and I think the most difficult time to cover in Thanet during the time between the end of the second world war and the late 1990s. Finding photos is particularly difficult.  

Around 2010 I started putting the photos I took out and about on the internet. I did live in Ramsgate from sometime in the 1960s and around 1972 I did take quite a lot of photos, but these were of family, friends, motorbikes, etc. it never occurred to me to take lots of pictures of the Thanet towns and at the time I don’t think they would have been much use for anything.

If you want to get to the pictures I took it’s really a matter of working back through this blog using the blog archive wosisname on the sidebar

Most of the pictures are probably on webpages with a series of link along the top, like the ones I am putting up this month


and


The pictures I took today being at


with some older August ones being at


and


At times I have thought about going through and deleting the worst photos, but never got round to it



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.