Friday 2 June 2023

Ramsgate Guide for 1962, Broadstairs Letter Card, a ramble about art, reading and Charles III stamps.

 Here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate we have another reprint of an old Ramsgate guide, these relatively recent Ramsgate guide reprints are thanks to permission from the town council.

This is the link to the buy it now button

Although I if you can I am recommending coming into the bookshop and browsing it before deciding to buy it.

Link to opening times

Some sample pages from the guide









Next the Broadstairs souvenir letter card. I think this is probably 1930s but honestly I am not very good on Broadstairs history so I could be more than a decade out.







Yesterday's rough sketch was supposed to be of Marilyn Monroe.

It is bookseller confession time now I have spent most of my time recently reading books and so haven't been engaging with the internet much at all.

Here in the bookshop we are just about to start on Charles III postage stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.