Thursday, 19 July 2012

BBC gives Thanet Council a Hammering Over Beach app press release and a bit of a ramble.


As some of you will know I publish the Thanet Press release blog and as well and publish all of the press releases sent to me by the council. The council’s press releases were one of the main reasons I started that blog, particularly because their publication is sporadic on the council’s website and the council’s feeds are unpredictable.

One of their press releases today was about an app the council have produced for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, here is the link to the press release http://thanetpress.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/bay-app-is-brilliant.html

Sending press releases to the media can backfire pretty badly, here is the link to the BBC news story it produced http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-18906688

I will ramble on about this later if I get some time, these press releases strike people in different ways and my observation was that the council only produce an app for the very expensive Apple iphone and didn’t do one for the cheaper android phones that I would guess would be more likely to be used by Thanet residents.

I had to go to Canterbury today and had lunch at the Osteria Posillipo opposite the Kings School there, this is the group of restaurants that has one in Broadstairs pizza and a soft drink lunch time special £7 quick excellent and highly recommended.
I did a quick sketch from my table there of the gate to the school, India ink and fast splodges of watercolour, I realised too late that the top of the wall with the gate in it should be sloping down from left to right and not up as I drew it. It’s always too late with India ink and I seem to have a bit of a blind spot over this type of line.   

Strange really the picture should look a lot more wrong than it does, I guess this is mostly down to seeing what one expects to see.

1 comment:

  1. Has the story changed - nothing particularly negative in that bar the title.

    ReplyDelete

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.