Saturday 9 July 2016

Mostly Margate, Dreamland, Turner Contemporary, some photos


I took the day off today and went to Margate, started with "Portfolio" exhibition at Turner contemporary, the photos in this post are only representative I will put a link to the rest at the end of the post.

On to revisit the main exhibition. The Waterhouse is till my fave in this.

Sat in the shade of the wall over a cuppa and sketched a rather tall Droit House for a bit.

Then on to Dreamland, much improved with the new wristband and token arrangements, I think from the ratio of people walking around, people waiting for rides and people riding they have this just about right.

Back in the day when I worked for Chipperfields fair this was regulated by adjusting the prices of the rides, Jimmy Chipperfield was a professional showman and Dreamland had that sort of look about it today.

 Margate Sands were reasonaby busy too

Back to the gallery where I did a bit more to the watercolour of Old Kent Market

For the rest of the photos, all the ones on my phone today, click on the link https://goo.gl/photos/NdQudNEBpENMgjoh8  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.