Wednesday 30 August 2017

Ramsgate Carnival photos around 1984 and Rocket Man in Kent







I would say the carnival photos speak for themselves, but who knows any comments would certainly be interesting. Is the date right?

Do you ever get that feeling that reality may be bunging up too many coincidences? I bough various books charts and maps in the bookshop today, but with the usual suspects among world leaders hovering their fingers over big red buttons, the Doodle Bug Map of Kent and the book showing various early rockets and the individuals keen to twiddle knobs, it was a bit of strange day.











Oh well it never rains but it pours, so I don’t suppose there will be out and about photos for today, so here are some Margate photos for five years ago http://michaelsbookshop.com/laptop912/id5.htm and some Ramsgate ones http://michaelsbookshop.com/laptop912/id6.htm



2 comments:

  1. Hi Micheal, I stumbled across your blog whilst searching for "Ramsgate 1984" in google and came across your pictures of what looks like pictures of the yearly August carnival, in this instance August 1984. I bit of background on me, My mother originally grew up in Ramsgate, but moved away to Norfolk in the early 70's. She returned with her family (me sis and my dad) to see her mum each summer thereafter from 74 onwards till her mums death in late Sep 84). I always fondly remember our summer holidays there. What also struck a chord with me whilst looking at your pictures, was the BT submarine vehicle, which I remember seeing at the time and I also recall an Orange shaped car (Yes round car! in orange !) Once again thanks for publishing these pictures on the net. Brought back a few fond memories! Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed them Andrew, I am sorry that I don't know anything about the photos, but I think I remember that float

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.