Thursday 13 March 2008

Ramsgate and Historical Thanet

I am just getting the local books part of my website up to date and have just published part of this one for the people who can’t get to the shop. It was published in about 1920 I thought the maps were particularly useful and posted them up the other day. If you cant wait for me to get it so you can buy it from my website its already on ebay click here for that. I am afraid the quality of the pictures is not very good, as the original owes much to the potato school of printing. One has to remember that these ephemeral guides were not intended to last, however I am sure you will agree with me that the advertisements alone make preserving it in this way worthwhile. Click here to view the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.