Monday 17 March 2008

Ramsgate in WW2


I have received an account of a gentleman’s childhood in wartime Ramsgate and think it has the makings of a little booklet if illustrated with contemporary photos.

Anyway I have been looking out the ones stored on my computer click here to see the first batch, these ones come from Mr Ronald West’s collection and are published in my publication, A Collection of Old Pictures of Ramsgate.

You may fancy a little puzzle and try identifying the locations, I have put numbers under them so you can post the ones you know, as a comment should you wish.

As far at the answers go I have some but not others, mostly identified by Dave Richards who is the author of my publication, Ramsgate August 24th 1940 and something of an authority on the subject.

If you email me your answers before posting them I am happy to offer £1 book voucher per correct answer.


Click here to view the pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic pictures as usual Michael. But, I'm well lost as to where they are. If you hadn't said Ramsgate they could have been anywhere at that awful time in our Country's history. The descriptions and quotes were truly from a very brave bunch of people...

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.