Friday, 3 August 2012

Ramsgate Week Ramble


Tomorrow is the last day of Ramsgate Week, to be honest I hardly noticed that it was happening, it is a local event that doesn’t seem to link well with the town.

There were quite a few visiting boats when I went out this evening, sorry about the pictures I only had my mobile phone with me.
There was a visiting MFVish boat that I found interesting, wondered what the rig would be like up and whether the sails would push her along in any meaningful way.
 The usual mix of windfarm boats were moored in the harbour, I do wonder if the town is getting the most out of this, there are a considerable amount of highly paid workers on these boats.

Most of the slipways seem out of action and I am told that it is usual for the boats to elsewhere just to get a paint job.  

We ate in the Belgian Café, which was very good, I did the inevitable sketch, my sketches there have the added dimension that the light is fairly dim so I don’t really get to see what I have done properly, until I get home.

It is a very good place to go in the evening if you have children with you, there are computers and other things to amuse them and they enjoy going there.  
I forgot to photograph the food, but did remember the children’s knickerbocker glories  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.