Saturday 23 March 2013

An innocuous blog post about nothing much



My bookshop was much busier that I expected with today’s inclement weather and apart from deleting the odd comment that could possibly have been libellous and spamming those intent on selling dubious services, I haven’t had any time to blog.


Not far above the inexact business of drawing in beer while in a dimly lit bar is the process of sketching with watercolour and pen under the same circumstances, in this case it was the eyes that didn’t have it, or perhaps had too much of it.



The photo shows you that apart from flashing the people in the Belgian Café last night, something that I don’t think would have gone down that well, what you see is what you get.   



I both did and didn’t do better with pen alone, certainly a doodle to consider, the brains propensity to make faces never fails to amaze me.

I am still trying to work out how best to follow through the business of the broken exhibits at The Turner Contemporary, but am taking a break from it today.

If anyone has missed it the business of putting The Sunbeam Collection online is proceeding, see http://www.seasphotography.org.uk/archives/tag/thanet I am not sure how this site works as clicking on the same link seems to bring up different images, I am sure someone will explain.

I have a great pile of unanswered emails, apologies if yours is in it, most of them are local history queries along the lines of granny lived at X address in 1935, do you have any pictures of it then.

I don’t think there is any Local news not covered elsewhere, I guess the news that Richborough tip isn’t to close is an easy one to grapple with, whereas whether the prospective legislation on press regulation will impact on blogging is about the most difficult.    

I may ramble on here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.