Wednesday 14 December 2022

Some older pictures of Ramsgate and Margate

 First these photos of Ramsgate harbour sluice gates they show the damage caused by running the sluices too fast.

I assume these are Victorian pictures it's really hard to tell from the background but they look pretty old to me.



Stereoscope pictures from Mick Twyman's collection next. With these not only do the pictures have an old look but you can tell from their content that they are fairly early I think they're all Victorian.

This is Margate lower High Street
Margate harbour from the pier
Looking towards marine parade
And another one of the harbour.

On to what I've been up to the last coupe of days.

3 A6 sketches yesterday




I've been having quite a few difficulties with Facebook and with FB groups recently. 

I do try why to post links on the relevant local Facebook groups to blog posts containing historical Thanet pictures. As I have been suspended from one of the main Ramsgate local history groups and obviously I can't see any reason why, it would be very useful if any group moderators who don't want me to post would say so and I would stop posting to whichever group doesn't want me to to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.