Monday 13 March 2023

The Royal Victoria Pavilion Ramsgate aka Spoons and where to go after work.

 

I have been painting a watercolour from the gallery in Wetherspoons Ramsgate
This is the second large one I have tried in there
This time of year, by the time I have got to the end of the working day in the bookshop I find I'm developing something like cabin fever. What I would like to do is go outside and paint, in practise when you go outside after work it's dark.
The only place that comes close to being outside when you are inside in the light is Wetherspoons in the Royal Victoria pavilion.
Before that I guess it was the Belgian Café. I find it isn't just enough to have a seat and some food and some drink but that I need to be surrounded by quite a few other people.
If anyone has any ideas for alternative indoor places in the area where I might go go and paint after work I should be very interested to know where they are.
My relationship with the royal Victoria pavilion dates back to the 1960s. I think when I first started going there it was called The Show Bar
But fortunately still a big busy venue where you can just go and sit down for as long as you like with as little as a cup of tea.
Sorry for not posting regularly recently, we are very busy where I work here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate here is the link to the books that have just come in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.