Monday 17 July 2023

Drawing Haruki Murakami, The Terra Marique visits Ramsgate Harbour, Thanet local history pictures and a ramble from Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate.

Scroll down for the date answer 

 If I was going to be an author's number one fan then Haruki Murakami would be near the top of my list.

I recently decided to reread all of his works, reading anything I had missed on the way.

So the first of a series of drawings of Haruki Murakami, I did this one with a dark grey fine liner. I'm not really sure about the liketness as drawing Japanese men is entirely new to me so this is a first attempt at that.

As you can see from this photo of part of the paperback fiction here at Michael's bookshop in Ramsgate we don't have very many Haruki Murakami books.

Looking in our collectible books I see we also have three first editions.

By way of explanation here Haruki Murakami is a current living author of high-quality literary fiction so you just aren't going to find a huge amount of his books at any one time in a secondhand bookshop.

Of course if you go to a large new full price book shop or just look on Amazon then he will be relatively easy to get them although this will be a fairly expensive experience.

Link to the books we have just priced here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate 

On to The Terra Marique leaving Ramsgate Harbour

Terra Marique a truly remarkable vessel, in 2004 she was used to transport the aircraft Concorde through London and to her final home in Scotland.

I assume she was leaving Ramsgate on Sunday having stayed overnight here because of the very high winds.











On to the old pictures of Thanet 






Clockhouse and Dry Dock from about 1842 to about 1881







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.