Wednesday 27 September 2023

Click to Expand. Ramsgate; Eat, Drink and Party, Photos, Local History and art

 

Out on the tiles in Ramsgate last night, chatting to Michael's Bookshop customers, drinking beer and eating a curry in Wetherspoons AKA The Royal Victoria Pavilion, like a boy with a toy taking photos with my phone. The photo above is two photos joined to form a panorama under the influence of the beer.

Back in the good old days I had an expensive camera and a darkroom, now I can do what I used to do with that setup with my mobile phone's camera. Monochrome or in simple "black and white", I never advanced to processing colour prints.


The idea with this type of photography is to adjust the phone's camera settings to produce pictures of familiar views that are unusual enough to make people think about them.

I just don't have the time to use a computer program to change the photos after I have taken them. you can see two diffrent settings used on the same view here.














Next some old photos of Ramsgate and Margate.








On to art and things didn't go that well in my sketchbook this week, a bit of clicking will expand any of them 










Here at Michael's Bookshop we have been fairly busy 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.