Monday 13 December 2010

Lighthearted Bob, Thanet District Council’s Leader Spills the Beans

I have finally tracked down the council leader’s comments on his rather unusual quotes, highlighted in yesterdays post, they appear in his Leader's column in the Gazette.

Unfortunately the Gazette titled it “Do we really need so much consultation?” instead of Bob’s view, or some such thing I could identify, here is the link http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/where/thanet/really-need-consultation/article-2988641-detail/article.html I managed to comment on it.

Not that easy, as you have to join the site, forget your password and all that sort of thing, I suppose that’s why I use blogger.

It isn’t my intention to hound Bob over his indiscretions, I am not the one armed man and I doubt Bob is eager for fun, but I am concerned that he engages in some sort of dialogue with Thanet residents, rather in the same way that the council officers should reply to local residents.

The Conservative group have only ever sent me one press release http://thanetpress.blogspot.com/2010/09/cllr-ewen-cameron-resigns-conservative.html and I am not quite sure how they view the local blogs. The leader is obviously prepared to communicate via the Gazette and of course Simon Moores has his Thanet Life blog http://birchington.blogspot.com/ but as he says today. “The toughest part of being a politician these days is that one can no longer say what one really thinks....” Here is the rest of the post http://birchington.blogspot.com/2010/12/thanks-andy.html

Well the internet is here to stay and somehow the councillors and the council are going to have to do better when it comes to using it to communicate with us lot, the rabble, voters, unborn call us what you will.

1 comment:

  1. The views of one Councillor on TDC media and communications.

    "However, we also seem to have a media & communication department at Thanet District Council that continues to fail in its delivery to the public domain"

    What more needs to be said?

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.