Saturday 12 January 2013

The Daily mail and the Ramsgate sheep massacre




Sorry I haven’t had time to produce a detailed post about this, busy day in my bookshop followed by cooking a large meal.


I have spoken to a few people since my last post on this subject, see http://thanetonline.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/no-news-is-good-news-from-animal.html there seems to be some fairly odd feelings about the RSPCA apparently based on personal experiences and rightly or wrongly, there is a definite perception that the charity’s prime objectives are to destroy animals and prosecute owners. 

As I said in the previous article I have no experience of the RSPCA in action and haven’t owned an animal for years, but there is a definite public perception that calling the RSPCA about a little old lady and an underfed cat, will result in a dead cat and little old lady in court.

I certainly don’t know the ins and outs of this, but don’t think this is a good public perception for the UKs main animal welfare charity to have.      

3 comments:

  1. Surely it is down to TDC as the owner of the port that they have proper facilities for any cargo shipped through the port ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to the press there seems to be several questions. Why were the animals unloaded when there were no facilities? Why were they put in a pen with an open drain that some fell into and drowned? What was the RSPCA involvement when it is DEFRA who are responsible? and, isn't the RSPCA a political lobying organisation. Perhaps Michelle Fenner would explain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The RSPCA have lost all credibility, they should answer the question...How many animals (healthy) do they 'put down' . Then ask the 'Dogs Trust' how many do they put down?. The RSPCA are a front for animal euthanasia

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.