Wednesday 13 November 2013

Minster Art Group exhibition at The York Street Gallery Ramsgate and a midweek ramble

Here the pictures of the pictures which will expand if clicked on, the exhibition is on until next Wednesday.









 The Ramsgate Society have a pop up charity shop in York Street too


Goodness me food, pizza I have difficulty over this one but as it annoys at least one anonymous commentator, here is supper tonight, I have some pictures on file as friends and relations often ask me how I produce something Italian restaurant quality with an ordinary oven.

1 put the oven shelf on the level just below the top one, light the oven and turn it up as high as it goes an hour before cooking.

2 use the flour and raising mixture (ciabatta) shown in the picture and available in some supermarkets, put some (about 2 table spoons, vegetable oil in a large bowl and swill it around, add the bag of flour mix and the amount of hand hot water it says on the bag. stir it up knead if you want or use a mixer with dough hooks, mixing it with a stiff knife seems to enough, cover the bowl with cling film and put it on top of the oven where it will stay warm and rise.
    

3 if it doesn't rise after about an hour give up and order a takeaway, if all is ok sieve a tin of toms push them through with a spoon and warm them up a bit.

4 You must use the right cheese cut in half and slice it up with egg slice.  

you now have the makings for four pizzas.

5 put some oil on a warm non stick tray and some more oil on your hands and spread a quarter of this out on the tray then leave it on top of the oven for 5 mins to rise a little bit.

6 spread out a quarter of the tomato liquid with the back of a spoon and add a quarter of the cheese.

7 about 6 mins in the oven produces the above.

It is is well to remember that this is peasant poverty food and adding fancy ingredients will most likely make it worse.  

Moggs in Harbour Street has a closing down sign on it

and a notice saying not open much due to illness
 So it looks like the end of another non food independent 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.