Friday 4 July 2014

Who is Craig Mackinlay? The new Conservative replacement for Laura Sandys.

This is what is says about him on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Mackinlay and guess what he has his own blog, see http://craigmackinlay.wordpress.com/news/ which is where I got the picture above from. So picture credit Craig Mackinlay, hope he doesn’t mind.

Here is his FaceBook page https://www.facebook.com/craig.mackinlay.1?fref=ts and here his Twitter thingy https://twitter.com/cmackinlay ‘fraid social media wise he seems to have been dormant since 2012. 

Initial investigations suggest that with a degree in zoology and comparative psychology he is well qualified for politics.  

When a zoologist becomes a charted accountant, which he apparently has I find is this sketch that comes to mind.

Update, there is a point where no news becomes news, it’s now around 11 am the day after the announcement and nothing, no press release from the Thanet Conservative group, not a tweet about it from Laura Sandys, nor a tweet from Craig Mackinlay, no post on Simon Moors blog.


7 comments:

  1. I wonder why there was no thought given to a known local choice. Do people in South Thanet need someone parachuted in and Ex UKIP as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you think of a local Tory who is MP material? I can't.

      Delete
    2. Including the current incumbants!

      Delete
    3. Can you think of anyone in Thanet of any party who is MP material? Come to mention it, what exactly is MP material?

      That said, it was always apparent that Laura Sandys would be hard to replace and so it has proved. Nonetheless, I suppose we should give the chap a hearing and see what he has to say for himself.

      Delete
    4. Laura Sandys will be hard to replace. Craig Mackinlay is a politically clever choice.

      Delete
  2. A candidate who ticks all the Ukip boxes for the Tory voters who flocked to Shonk and co at recent elections locally. He also stands for a party that might have some influence in Britain's relationship with the EU, rather than Farage, who could well have won Thanet South against a pro-European Tory candidate but will now probably look elsewhere, since standing here will split the UKIP vote - oh what irony! Farage will pop off elsewhere and topple a pro-EU Tory, where he will find himself totally marginalised at Westminster in his party of one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, as John said it's a politically clever choice.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.