Monday, 25 July 2016

Ramsgate Carnival 2016 photos from my camera, I think about 600 of them.

Back in the day, when publishing to the internet was more of a seat of the pants type of thingy I used to go our with my digital camera and take pictures which I subsequently put on the internet in pages of about 100 pictures. Nothing fancy you understand just take the contents of my camera card, resize the pictures on it so they weren’t enormous but were about the size of an average computer screen – back then – and bung the whole lot on.


I have decided to start doing this again, so here are the Ramsgate Carnival ones http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/2016ramsgatecarnival/ Each link along the top of the page you get to should be a different page of photos. 


Any thoughts on the way I have published these, image size, number of photos on a page and so would be gratefully received.


I may, if I get the time, go back and edit the pages, rotate the pictures that are sideways, delete the ones that are out of focus, this is much more time consuming than just selecting about 100 and pasting them into a webpage.

The last time I did this was in 2013, see http://michaelsbookshop.com/carnival2013/





I think I may have photographed others, but these were the only ones I could find just now.  The objective here is to have an ongoing archive of modern Thanet.

I think an issue for me is that http://thanetonline.blogspot.co.uk/ and http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/ are much easier to publish to than a conventional website.


I tried using a sort of secondary blog to put the contents of the camera card on and managed to get about 100 photos up at http://thanetphotos.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/ramsgate-carnival-day-24072016-first-100.html before I decided it was just too time consuming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.