Wednesday, 4 January 2017

More old local pictures, some sort of ramble type of kidney

Two days work in the bookshop, fortunately tomorrow is our closing day, unfortunately the paper recycling needs doing, these are the bad books, the ones that won’t even sell for 5 and 10p, about a tonne of them, so lots of lifting involved.

I know this isn’t a plumbing blog but I do wonder why the common all garden tap got redesigned, the new type that relies on 0 rings and a brass hexogen in a brass hexagonal hole don’t arf disagree with Thanet’s hard water.

Back in the day we had a guesthouse in Augusta Road, 9 bedrooms with hot and cold in each, I am very glad we didn’t have the new design of tap then as I think it would have needed an in house plumber. I know you only have to take them all to pieces and lubricate them with bar soap or silicone grease if you want to be posh, but the old ones you could soft soap them without taking them all to pieces, just the top nut.

I suppose the new design is to make them wear out quicker so you have to buy new ones.

Sorry ‘bout that but I have never had a moan about a congenital Thanet problem before and I thought I would give it a go, honestly given the climate, beaches, sunsets it was hard pushed to come up with one, hard water was all I could think of.

Priced too many books, see http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/vortex-in-bookshop.html obviously need to get out more.









1 comment:

  1. Its not always easy to get hold of a good plumber so recently I did some DIY plumbing using JG Speedfit push fittings. Well recommended as they are re-usable unlike some push fit. So for the cost of a £4 pipe cutter and £6 for tap box spanner I saved a small fortune and did not have to wait for the job to be done. I am not sure how long they will last but I now have ceramic valve kitchen taps but I know that I can just pull them off when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.