Friday 1 June 2012

Stamp on the toe for being so slow, GOD and the Queen and a possible ramble if I get time.


For those of you interested my Thanet blog popularity listings for last month, these are the web statistics for people directed here from other websites and are about as exciting as watching paint dry, unless of course people get directed here from your website, here is the link http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/612/

Of further interest, the old tourist information office now has the boards off the windows and Gerry O’Donnell is in the process of turning it into Ramsgate’s latest addition to our foodie scene. 

At the Moment the windows are displaying artwork featuring both GOD and the Queen as you may be able to see from the photo, clicking on it obsessively will make it bigger and bigger.


Next my thanks to the café on Ramsgate Sands, pardon a rather rambling explanation here:

I get an hour for lunch and if it is a nice day I usually make my self a sarni and wander down to the seafront eating it, by the time the sarni has been consumed I am usually thirsty and tend to go to the café right down on the sands and get a mug of tea.

A mug of tea there is 60p, the view is excellent and I often do a quick sketch while drinking my tea.

Well on Wednesday I left my paintbox there by mistake and frankly artists paintboxes are expensive items, mine folds up to something about the size of a thick mobile phone and unfolds well here’s a picture.    
I thought I would never see my paintbox again but the café proprietor had kept it as lost property and returned it to me.   
Incidentally most of this artist’s sketchbook stuff is not suitable for publication and is called notational, anyone like to take a guess at the one above.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.