Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Publishing reorganisation.


One way and another I am rather busy at the moment as I am in the process of moving all of my book printing equipment into a different part of the building. I have also finally bitten the bullet and bought a 42 inch colour printer that prints on canvas and paper, this is mainly so I can print reproductions of old sheet maps of this area.

The local book publishing that I do has reached the point where I now have about 150 of them in print, see http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/ and as this has expanded I have fitted the equipment into different parts of the building, something which is very difficult with printers. I reached the point where the book I was editing was coming out of a printer at the other end of my bookshop, about 70 feet away from the till desk where I was working, while the street directories that I was using to check local peoples names were in a different part of the building altogether.

Anyway while I am sorting all of this out, during what is a wet week, I am not getting out and about, so don’t really have that much to blog about.

With three fairly large new publications recently, two on local maritime history A History of Ramsgate Harbour and Guide To Its Existing Features and A History of the Ramsgate Fishing Industry, plus the one on the Granville, The Granville Hotel - The Story of the Granville Hotel Ramsgate 1869-2012, plus several more in the pipeline, I am hoping that the improvement will make things run a bit more smoothly.

The net result of this should be that it is easier for me to produce more local books, so if you have been researching some aspect of Thanet’s history I can probably help you get it into book form. 

2 comments:

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.