Saturday 16 August 2014

The Lady Door in the children’s section in the bookshop.

One of my problems as a bookshop assistant is working out how to decorate the newly expanded children’s book section. So this is the start when I was in Canterbury last Thursday I visited The Beaney art gallery and thought a print of the painting The “Little Girl at the Door” by Harriet Halhed would look right on the door in the corner.

Something like; a painting of a door to make a door more like a picture, but not quite.

Anyway it took a photo of it with my mobile phone and have just printed it out and stuck it on the door.


Fortunately I have a fairly big printer and some blue-tack.

When I was a child I was often fairly disappointed with pictures, particularly after having read “The Voyage of the Dawn Treader” I would look at them in the hope there would be at least some hint of another world that I could step into.



I am working on and off, on a painting where there is a boat heading for. What? Well I suppose if I could say what the I wouldn’t be painting the picture. 
Music here is progressing and my younger children can now get through the whole of Clementine on both the piano and the guitar sing it and playing it all at the same time.


We have had a few problems with the coloured stickers on guitars, but these seem to ironed out now.
Sorry the coloured notes don't show up too well here this may be better 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.