Thursday 10 March 2016

Rochester, bookshops, painting, chocolate cake.

I went to Rochester today, partly for the bookshops and partly to have a crack at painting Rochester castle, I didn’t get there until about noon as I had to do some other stuff on the way.


I did manage to find a pub “The Jolly Knight” with a table with a view of the castle and started on a first watercolour draft, this is mostly to get the scale of it to see how to fit it on the paper.




I then did the first two bookshops.


Followed by a walk around the big one Baggins, which is huge and contains the stock of several booksellers under one roof.







Having had a quick look, I went off to Bruno's Bakes and Coffee to insert chocolate cake, this is probably the best coffee and cake place there apart from the problem that it doesn’t have a toilet, so I only go there when convenient.



Rochester is looking fairly ok, not many unoccupied shops and considerable use of Charles Dickens to boost tourism. I didn’t have enough time to do it properly today


The main town centre car park fees, this is the one right next to the High Street are something TDC could learn something from, I don't think there were any vacant shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.