Saturday 7 May 2016

1927 guide to Ramsgate out today aka Ramsgate Sunspot of the South


My 167th publication out today it even has a supplement in French – well two of the sixty or so pages are in French, the rest fortunately are in English.

Obviously if you live locally you can visit my bookshop here in Ramsgate (closed Thursdays and Sundays) if not you can buy it online by clicking on this link http://michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/ramsgate_the_sunspot_of_the_south_1927.htm

These local guidebooks with pictures and advertisements are a useful tool for the local historian.

Anyway here are some sample pages, even one in French.



















Here are the pictures of the other books that went out for sale in my bookshop today http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/evacuation-of-children-in-bookshop.html I wonder do the books people buy tell us something about Ramsgate? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.