Wednesday 15 February 2023

Valentine's Day at the royal Victoria pavilion and banksy in Margate

 

This is my large ongoing watercolour painting from one of the seats in the Royal Victoria Pavilion. I haven't done much to it for quite a while but yesterday evening I had it with me and found myself sitting in the right seat to paint a bit more.


A couple of pictures of the inside of the pavilion taken in 1903

Below are the links for the pictures I took inside the pavilion in 2010 before it had the wetherspoons treatment


I guess everyone in Thanet watched the news of the Banksy painting in Margate unfolding yesterday. 

Michael's bookshop in Ramsgate which is where I work is closed on Tuesdays so we thought we would pop over to Margate and take some photos of the Banksy while it was still there.

By the time we got there are the council had removed quite a large chunk of it so like many other things related to the council it didn't make sense anymore.


I think I was more taken by the paintings being painted by an artist called Pete who was recording this artistic event unfolding.



Workwise I have been fairly busy with Michael's Bookshop where I work in Ramsgate, so not much internet activity, here is the link to the books we put out today  ironically we bought the book about banksy in Margate yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.