Wednesday 2 August 2023

Click to Expand New Old Thanet Guide out now, Some old local photos and the ramblings of a wandering bookseller.

 

Tourist Complete Guide to the Isle of Thanet and its Neighbourhood circa 1878.

While I strongly recommend coming into Michaels Bookshop in Ramsgate and giving this a browse if you can't do this here is the link to the buy it now button so we can post it to you.

Below some sample pages. these should expand enough to read with a bit of clicking




On to the old pictures of Margate and Ramsgate









Hair at Michael's bookshop in Ramsgate we sell about 100 books a day and so on the days that we are closed we spend a lot of the time out around the local area buying secondhand books for the bookshop.

Thursday was Canterbury Oxfam bookshop etc, 




Interesting to see how much damage the rising bollards can do to a car personally I never go near them

Lunch at Electo Chocolate Cafe two hot sandwiches and pot of Yorkshire tea all very high quality £15.85


I'm still reading my way through the works of Haruki Murakami

So this time a watercolour of Haruki Murakami I'm pretty sure I've managed to get a Japanese man but not so certain that it actually looks like Murakami.

We went to Sandwich yesterday the town of sandwich is something along the lines of medieval 1970s
Cheese and ham toasted sandwich chocolate muffin pot of tea for two £13.30 good quality and reasonable price


My my previous post linked to about five hundred and fifty photographs of this year's Ramsgate carnival this proved very popular so here is a link to it in case you missed it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.