Friday 20 October 2023

Historic pictures of Ramsgate and Margate plus a Ramble from Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate



 



Click to expand old pictures I think that is the bucket dredger "Hope" in the background of this one

Rain today has stopped play here where I work at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate, this means I have time to write this blog post.
 
It is Ramsgate Day tomorrow and this is the link to the website 

It looks as though tomorrow will be wet too the website says "Adults can have a free sauna when the Sea Scrub Sauna brings its mobile sauna outside New Look"

Sorry I haven't finished writing this post, I wanted to get it linked to the local Facebook groups asap so people would know about Ramsgate Day.

Firstly I do try to post useful information and historical information and link to what seems like appropriate Facebook groups. Just recently this linking business is getting more difficult to achieve.
Local history wise we have been busy with people wanting to know the history of there house or family so there has been a lot of browsing old Thanet street directories and much studying of the historic maps on the walls here.





Link to the latest books to arrive at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.