Wednesday 16 July 2008

Thanet district Council’s Internet Collapse?

Language dates, as in Enid Blyton’s famous phrase “Bigears went out on his bicycle and felt a little queer” one always assumes that no one would write like that today, the exception as I found out is our own dear councils IT department, the phrase below comes from a reply to one of my previous attempts to communicate with the council by email.

“The issues of Councillors using their 'personal' addresses was well rehearsed within the Member Working Group. Clearly there is a balance to be drawn with the arrangements that Members themselves feel are right for them.”

I would have liked to illustrate this post with Aubrey Beardsley’s picture of The Lacedaemonian Ambassadors, the image that comes unbidden into my mind when I consider rehearsing within the Member Working Group, however she who must be obeyed says it’s far too rude to put on my blog and I am sure you will all be too polite to Google it.

I have however taken the unusual step of publishing my correspondence with senior council officers about my recent complaint click here to read it as a member of the public who contributes both by council tax and business rates to these peoples large salaries, I expect the courtesy of replies to my correspondence and after writing to customer services, I can only infer from their rather vague reply, that the senior officers had in fact received my emails and ignored my requests for confirmation of their receipt.

Mr Child,Thank you for your e-mail, to Customer Services.We are currently looking into the issues you have raised. If in the meantime I can be of assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.