Tuesday, 20 October 2015

I paint Curchill’s window frame for school open day

Passing through Spencer Square tonight on the way for a burger, I noticed that Vincent van Gogh who lived at 10, 11 or 12 has a blue plaque that says he was a painter. I sort of supposed that he would have had one that says he was an artist, as it sort of suggests he was the house painter who decorated 10, 11 and 12.

I, we got the early evening off, because of school, my youngest two children were helping with their school’s open evening for prospective pupils.

Considering the way art is going today I suppose for old VvG, there isn’t much to choose between being associated with painters and decorators and other such ragged trousered philanthropists and being associated with installation art.


Now me, for a number of reasons. What? I know that I’m painter. However an artist; I just don’t know. Rather in the way I don’t know if, an artist can be equivalent 8 to a bricklayer, so armed with these ideas I decided to paint the window of VvG’S local boozer over my burger.




Oh and this sign which seemed to equate to. "Fighting is prohibited on the killing ground."
Which was almost too much for me.


After this I rushed off to school where a group of youfs showed me their pictures and I showed them my window painting.

Meanwhile back at the bookshop, replacing Hopeful Monsters and other fiction today, see http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/more-fiction-arrivals-in-bookshop.html 

"The conceit of literary intellectuals is to imagine that other people don't have ideas so that they can assume a superior status by having their own." - Nicholas Mosley.

At this point, I thought I would say. “I am not an intellectual.”

Meanwhile back at the ranch, the Americans seem to be saying that while on the one hand, they are considering litigation against TDC on the other hand they would still like to be partners, and not as you would suppose, four fingers and a thumb.

The tale of two Manstons defies ordinary comprehension, I can’t explain it here as it has passed out of the realms of reason.


I should point out here, the picture at the top of the page is not contemporary art, it just isn’t finished yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.