Thursday 1 October 2015

A bit more paint on the Canterbury sketch and some photos of St Augustine's Abbey in Canterbury

My sketch from LA Trappiste in Canterbury is coming on and I haven't got an major splodge on it yet.



St Augustine's Abbey is an English Heritage site that has important historical connections with Thanet although most of them are from a very long time ago. The site comprises the ruins of the various churches and abbey mostly demolished by Henry VIII.

My experiment with the Lenovo A8 tablet is going very well, some of the photos in this post were taken with it the rest with my Galaxy Note phone and I managed to write this blog post in the car coming home from Canterbury.

























a few experimental pictures here










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.