Monday 12 October 2015

Kent Bookshop goes up for sale.

Don’t worry this isn't my bookshop in Ramsgate it's Oxford Street Bookshop in Whitstable.

Of the independent bookshops in Kent I would think this is one of the most likely to viable and provide an income a couple could live off.



It's in a reasonably good site and big enough to carry a reasonable range of stock, the pricing structure is sensible and it usually seems to be busy when I go in there.



And here what the Kent bookshop guide has to say http://www.inprint.co.uk/thebookguide/shops/county.php?loc=South%20East&locc=Kent you will have to go down to their listing and click on the comments link. 

The main reason I am publicising this one is that Kent can ill afford to lose any of the few remaining independent bookshops, but that said, I usually come away with a whole shopping trolley full of books an genuinely think that it is a reasonable business.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.