Wednesday 6 January 2016

What do you say when there isn't much to blog about?

Much nicer day today, especially around lunchtime
 looking over my shoulder I meandered off to The Belgian fof a cuppa and a sarni
a restorative and money well spent
the inevitable sketch and the hour past fast
Pleasurama cliff wall has just sprouted the first shoots of greenery after being painted with the wrong paint, or whatever happened
quite a lot more sand has gone from Ramsgate main sands
The Pav is still looking very sad
the old slipways winch house or whatever it is, much more visible
Back in the bookshop, a quiet day, usually is just after the schools go back, no blog post for the bookshop today http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/ however I learnt a lot about Ebay.

Having a bookshop I don’t sell many books on the internet, in most cases the rule is something like this:- buy it, try it on the shelves in the bookshop for about a year, if it hasn’t sold then review it. Then the rule is something like this:- reduce the price, stick it on Amazon. One way or another try to get back at least what I paid for it and buy a different book.

Every so often though it’s my job to check out the options and today it’s been working out the logistics and economics of putting books I no longer want for stock in the bookshop on Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.