Thursday 7 January 2016

Two pen and watercolour sketches in Canterbury of The Beaney and St Mary Magdalene.

Here is the pen and watercolour sketch of The Beaney House Of Art & Knowledge from The County Hotel, well actually I think it’s now called ABode

and here is the sketch of St Mary Magdalene from Elsie Mo’s, well actually only the tower of St Mary Magdalene which was built in 1503 the rest of the church was pulled down in 1871 ‘cause it wos a derry.

As you can see a tricky view from Elsie Mo's due to the acute angle and the windows, I think about two hours sketching on this one.

the smallest meal I could find there, Cowgirl Burger £8.95 + coffee £2.20 very good, but too much food for a weekday lunch (I am trying to get thinner after Christmas) my wife had toast and jam £1 and a $5 shake which was £5.

Here is the view of The Beaney from, The County, which I think has even been The Michael Cain and named after one of the celebrity cooks, my cup of coffee (very good) there was over £3, as the parking was running out I only got about an hour sketching, so will endeavour to return and finish it off.

We also bought quite a lot of books for my bookshop in Ramsgate, so a fairly busy day off.

Anyway here is a question for blog readers, if you find a restaurant or café with a view that will stand a sketch or two in this area (East Kent) can you please let me know? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.