Thursday 19 October 2017

Some old Ramsgate pictures, another Manston Airport DCO update, some thoughts on regeneration funding.

 Click on pictures to enlarge, this is Olby's in King Street Ramsgate before they built their new building that became Blockbuster and then Morrison's
It's a funny old world, as you can see from the photo another building trade supplier is about to open there.

 As you can see from the picture the council looked at the tourists parked on Ramsgate seafront and sought funding to improve the situation.
 must be around 20 years ago now. Interesting traffic flow plan too
 Like the Marina Pool a bit of our past, probably under used.
 Once again some pictures will expand better than others and at this time of writing I don't know which.
 Ah yes Manston Airport and the DCO, well of course a lot of people wanted to save the airport but I am not so sure that many actually want an airfreight hub, I haven't actually seen a banner, Facebook group or anything of that type of kidney saying "We Want a Freight Hub" but that is what the RiverOak DCO is all about.
When the council have to publish a document that says “Private and Confidential” at the top it is often worth reading and this one, Manston Airport Local Plan Representations is interesting, regardless of which side of the, save the airport, build a freight hub, don’t build houses, no night flights fences you are behind, here is the link https://www.thanet.gov.uk/media/4001564/AviaSolutions-Local-Plan-Representations-Review-FINAL.pdf

I have been trying to discuss some of the environmental issues that RiverOak couldn’t answer at their consultation sessions with their environmental team, something that pins recommended I did.

I haven’t had much luck though. It’s like all the lights are on at RiverOak but no ones home, which I think may in fact be the case.

If ever there was conformation that RiverOak is out to lunch then I think not responding to the local plan consultation is it.    


Oh well back to 1939 and this picture of Ramsgate, back to work in the bookshop for me tomorrow the books that went out in the bookshop yesterday were local history and this is the link to the pictures of them 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.