Saturday 28 October 2017

Looking down on old Ramsgate

While this picture should expand when you click on it, I am endeavouring to force the rest a bit size wise, so they probably won’t.
 These are parts of the bigger picture at the top
 one thing about old photos is that some of them are contact prints.
To those of you who have never played about in the darkroom, this means that the negative film from the camera was the same size as the photo and instead of using an enlarger the film was just put on top of the photographic paper and exposed to light.

  This is from a different picture, but this means you can blow up little bits of the picture like an early crime investigator. 

With the pre digital photography you don’t have pixels to contend with but stuff called emulsion, which is a bit like little light sensitive particles in jelly, so when you enlarge pictures you get fuzzy edges.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.