Wednesday 18 October 2017

Old local pictures, minor ramble

Click on the pictures to make them expand, some are more expandable than others probably because I pressed different buttons during the scanning process, mostly Ramsgate as you would expect.
 After yesterday’s post I found myself back in the business of trying to communicate with TDC about Pleasurama. I think part of the problem is that Ramsgate needs a strong and consistent advocate backed by some Ramsgate based organisation to get a fair deal for Ramsgate from the various levels of government.       
 Over the past thirty years I have had the bookshop in the town I have seen a few likely organisations get going and then flounder. We even went as far as getting a town council, but in that time the main issue, the Pleasurama site hasn’t been resolved and the secondary big one Westcliff Hall hasn’t either.
 The pavilion seemed to be solved almost against council wishes. This picture would be before 1900, the tower on the Granville was lowered in 1900 the structures on the left where the pavilion is now were destroyed in the 1897 storm.
Early picture of the pavilion worth expanding 1904 was its first or second year.









 Photos from the last couple of days next 

A new shop in Ramsgate High Street


I wonder if the scaffolding on the old £1 shop site means anything




To let two units at around £1,500 per week each, I wonder does the STP stand for serenity tranquillity and peace, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.