Wednesday 4 April 2012

The new Asda Supermarket in Ramsgate


I deviated to this part of the town at lunch time today, all in an hour but I wanted to see what the new supermarket was like.
I suppose the most bizarre aspect is the loading area, this seems to have annihilated a large part of the car park and looks like the result of a large commercial organisation working in harmony with a local council while taking health and safety into account.

I think it possible that nitrous oxide was also involved at some point, however reducing the available parking for shopping in the town has been achieved with no apparent benefits, so I would guess everyone is happy.

The fact that the same site operated recently as a supermarket with all of the carpark available and no need for this strange loading space, that isn’t being used and has no apparent purpose is irrelevant.

I bought sandwiches from Asda as my children were performing a chemistry experiment in the kitchen also involving sand and I thought my lunch could be caught in the crossfire.

I have just changed the operating system on this computer to Linux and haven installed a web publishing program on it yet so the other photographs will follow later.   

The verdict is not quite as good as Greggs in the High Street, better than Wilkinsons and worse than Waitrose.

 The pictures in the blog post should enlarge if you click on them.      

It may interest people to know how long doing a blog post like this takes to do, getting the pictures off the camera card, typing it out and so on, I timed this one 8.5 minuets.


Pictures publishing from my laptop here http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop412/id6.htm the picture of the cakes at the top shouldn’t be there and is to do with modern food processors that don’t work and old ones that do. 

1 comment:

  1. The loading bay is for the lorries to drive forwards into, then they can reverse into the yard so they can be unloaded from the rear. So it does serve a purpose, however ugly/annoying it is.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.