Friday 19 September 2014

Frigate Shtandart in Ramsgate Harbour for the weekend

I guess if you are in East Kent and were wondering about what to do this weekend then lashing out £2.50 to go over the Frigate Shtandart is a consideration.

It’s all on their website, see http://www.shtandart.ru/en/frigate here are a few of the photos I took in Ramsgate this morning.


The original of this frigate dates from 1703 a time when Ramsgate was doing considerable trade in the Baltic, so this may not be a first for Ramsgate, although it would be first for the Royal Harbour which was completed around 1790.










I did manage to get down there and do a quick sketch

Very tricky balancing of pad pen brush paint, I will try and get down to the crosswall with some sort of seat tomorrow, all that view of Ramsgate and no seats on the crosswall facing the town.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.