Saturday 6 September 2014

The Arches Bar Ramsgate Harbour a pen and watercolour sketch today.

OK I put my hands up, I should have spent the whole day working in my bookshop, as it was I skived off at about 10.30 didn’t get back until 12.30 and managed the above sketch.


The arches bar is very civilised, with unparalleled views across the harbour, excellent coffee and snacks, but most of all no one parking in front of you in the middle of a sketch.


As you can see the angle of the arches was a bit acute for drawing .

Well actually perhaps you can't so below what the scanner makes of the watercolour, all you can say about this is that it's different to what the camera makes of it and a photo cropped to around the edges of the picture so I can see the difference between what i made of the view and what the cameras made of it 

I guess to a greater or lesser extent the main difference is that my head rotates when I look at things, but I guess it does show what happens when you draw from life and not a photograph of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.