Monday 6 June 2016

Ramsgate Reflections

Sunny Ramsgate this morning and by about eight I had managed to get out of my lazy bed have a shower and get down to Miles Café where I did a bit more to


the picture of Ramsgate Clock House. I am not very happy with this picture, too much wakening up process and not enough concentration, so I think I will start a new one.

On the Pleasurama aka Royal Sands front I have written to the MD of Cardy construction asking if there is any progress and am waiting for a reply.


A quick phone snap of the cliff wall paint job today shows the weeds already growing out of the cracks again.

Perhaps this is supposed to happen, however I assume that if most people reading this had their house repainted and a few weeks later weeds started growing out of crack in the paint, then they would ask the painter if this was supposed to happen.



It looks as though a new shop is about to open in King Street Ramsgate (where the fabric shop that has moved over the road to the old McDonald’s was) good to see this happening.

Here in the bookshop we are still very busy, the usual after half term lull didn’t happen today, although we did manage to get some books priced and put away, see http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/the-psychotic-in-bookshop.html


We were all particularly taken by the picture in the plastics book, which seemed to go beyond retro and into the realms of Ladybird series 999.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.