Monday 26 June 2017

A few Ramsgate photos

The Albion hotel was demolished to make way for Madeira walk and National Westminster Bank that was built in the 1890s, the pictures here should expand with a bit of enthusiastic clicking 
 Harbour Parade in the 1800s
The domed building, harbour commissioners rooms was demolished in 1890
 These photos taken this evening, the air is fairly clear today
 making it easier to see in the distance,
 although not so easy in the direction of the sun
the cliffs in the distance are France, I think, also note the ship pumping out a cloud of exhaust.

We have been moving book sections around in the bookshop today, this isn’t so much a sort of M&S method of confusing customers as a reflection of changes in popularity of different subjects because of the internet.

In this case there has been an increase in music book sales, musicians biographies and music scores, both classical and wosisname while books about the movies and film star biographies are seeing a decline in sales.

But what does it all mean? Anyway here is the link to the books that went out on the shelves http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/pigs-and-vampires-in-bookshop.html   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.