Tuesday 4 August 2020

Click to enlarge where is it in Thanet

 qi where in Thanet

 q2 this group of photos are all of the same cafe in Thanet, where was it?


yesterdays answers
The tug  Vincia AKA Chub. If ever a tug ought to be known in Thanet it's the Vincia AKA Chub launched in 1909 biult for Watkins in 1914 she was requisitioned by the royal navy for the downs patrol and was stationed in Ramsgate during WWI she went back to Watkins and was requisitioned again as a downs patrol vessel in 1939 she crossed the Dunkirk towing 3 lifeboats landed 24 evacuees Margate then 180 took men from the sinking HMS Keith she was return to Watkins in 1941

The church Holy Trinity Margate destroyed in WW2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.