Sunday 13 March 2022

Click for. Has Ramsgate got better or worse in the last ten years?

 I was looking through some pictures that I took of Ramsgate at the end of February beginning of march 2012. 

So has Ramsgate got better or worse in the last 10 years?

We'd DFLd back in the 1960s and I worked part-time in various bars in Ramsgate during the school holidays and later after work. 

Very different times the late 60s early 70s, most of the larger bars had live music and quite a lot of them had a floor show show which was often a stripper. So I have mixed feelings about bringing it all back from then. But 10 years ago I thought I'd have some sort of idea, I think on the whole there's been a bit of an improvement, but what do you think?


Click on this link for the first batch of Ramsgate pictures from ten years ago.


Click on this link for the second batch of Ramsgate pictures from ten years ago



Click on this link for the third batch of Ramsgate pictures from ten years ago



Click on this link for the first batch of Ramsgate pictures from ten years ago



1 comment:

  1. Whilst there may have been some improvements in some areas over the last decade, I think the overall situation has declined - and certainly the town is nowhere near as lively, vibrant or prosperous as it was in the 60s and 70s.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.