Thursday 3 March 2022

A few old Thanet postcards and photos

 

The back and front of a 1919 postcard from Dot in Ramsgate. Top left is Sands station. Top right Ramsgate pier.

The next is a postcard of Madeira walk waterfall. This comes from a sad individual whose kiss curl has been washed away as you can see it was posted in 1908 

Ramsgate model village one this is one of the cards sold by the model village no idea of the date
This a 1908 postcard 





My main purpose in posting today was trying a different way of copying the cards to see what sort of picture quality I got.

We are very busy working hard to get the bookshop open at sometime around Easter.


I had ago at a watercolour sketch of Vladimir Putin this morning. Part of me trying to understand what on earth is going on. I'm a fairly visual person and tend to discover stuff by painting it. I didn't get a very good likeness I think this may be because he has had some sort of treatment to remove the jowls and wrinkles you would expect on a 70-year old man. Trying to work out how someone would embark on a course of genocide isn't easy.

Next a few pictures from last March















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.