Thursday 10 March 2022

Click on the pictures to enlarge them ramble











Out and about today in Ramsgate





















the last two Facebook offerings are 
 
I'm still doing battle with my painting palette and I think that there is no way I can get rid of rose madder apart from going to an art shop and trying out a lot paints. And so far I haven't found a way of replacing yellow ochre which is really to opaque with something transparent but the same shade. Anyway I run down the tangle of how we now perceive Leonardo da Vinci through Pullman's lyra. One is more inclined to ask why the painting doesn't look like the film character than why the film character doesn't look more like the painting.

and



This morning's watercolour sketch


Oh yes and I suppose I should say something. Here at the bookshop we are working very hard on the building with the objective of trying to reopen around Easter time.

That is assuming that world war III doesn't break out and the coronavirus situation doesn't get a lot worse. Sorry I have just read the news which is a bit depressing at the moment.

If I think of something more interesting to say I will add it


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.