Tuesday 26 July 2022

Thanet local history quiz, when was it written and yesterday's answer

Yesterday's answer is, the map of Ramsgate was produced around 1900. The royal Victoria pavilion which was built in 1903 isn't shown. And Traveller in Italy, previously Pizza Hut, previously National Westminster Bank is shown and that I think was built in 1897.

I'm doing this all off the top of my head without any proper research so there may be minor errors but with the bookshop reopening on Monday I am understandably very busy.

On today's question. The following is the Thanet pages from one of the most famous Kent local history books.

The question is what's the book called and when was it written?

Obviously it dates from before the 1700s when the modern fad of spelling was invented, so you can see that as a clue.

The pictures of the pages should expand to big enough to read with a bit of clicking.

From when Michael's Bookshop here in Ramsgate reopens on Monday I will be starting expanding my range of 200 local history books, so if you have written anything about the history of Thanet and you want it published I will be happy to oblige.


 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.